a conference to inspire & expand missions in american inner-cities
Inner-city America is a largely underserved and overlooked mission field. Millions live in oppressive urban environments without exposure to the Gospel or the thorough teaching of the Word of God. As the church, we must face the reality that our inner cities are as much of an unreached mission field as third world nations.
Come be inspired by the experience of inner-city ministries that are making a difference for Christ in their mission fields. The conference will feature learning sessions on the unique aspects of American urban neighborhoods as well as messages from nationally-known Bible teachers.
During the conference, attendees will also participate in community outreaches scheduled "on the block" throughout Rock Ministries' urban community. We will not just be learning about inner-city missions, we will be doing inner-city missions.
Main session speakers will include:
- Pastor Dave Guzik is a Bible teacher and author of a widely used Bible commentary. Millions of people use David’s online Bible commentary on sites such as Enduring Word and Blue Letter Bible. He also serves as a teaching pastor at Calvary Chapel of Santa Barbara.
- Pastor Joe Focht is the Senior Pastor of Calvary Chapel of Philadelphia. The church grew from a small Bible study in a catering hall and now ministers to approximately 12,000 people weekly. The church’s ministries include missionary work around the world and across the city of Philadelphia. Pastor Joe can be heard on his Philadelphia radio program “Straight from the Heart” and worldwide at CCPhilly.org.
- Pastor Buddy Osborn is the founder and Senior Pastor of Rock Ministries of Philadelphia and its associated church, Calvary Chapel of Kensington. “The Rock” (as it’s known by neighbors) began as a boxing program for at-risk boys but has since grown to serve thousands in its inner city area. It offers outreaches to the poor, homeless, and addicted; and continues a vibrant youth ministry, providing sports, education and recreation to kids of all ages.
- Pastor Don McClure has pastored and planted nearly a dozen Calvary Chapels and Fellowships. He was also the founder of Calvary Chapel Bible College in Twin Peaks. He has now started a ministry called Calvary Way through which he strengthens churches, schools and missionaries through teaching congregations and students, and guiding church leaders.
- Conference location: Rock Ministries of Philadelphia/Calvary Chapel of Kensington, 2755 Kensington Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19134
- Registration fee: $50.00
- Accommodations: Room blocks at local hotels will be booked shortly and information will be forwarded to all registrants. Attendees are responsible to cover the cost of their accommodations.
- To register, click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-national-urban-missions-conference-tickets-44255321859